File - The Baalbeck International Festival opened on July 30 with a musical dance show by local Assi Al Hallani.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
In response to the events being hailed as Lebanon's most serious security problems since the onset of the Syrian war – the fierce fighting that broke out Saturday between the Lebanese Army and Nusra Front and ISIS militants – several of Lebanon's summer festivals have canceled, rescheduled or relocated performances.The Baalbeck International Festival, which opened July 30 with a musical dance show by Baalbek local Assi Al Hallani, will be shifting the remainder of its concerts to alternative venues due to the security situation, head of the festival committee Nayla de Freije told The Daily Star Thursday. De Freije too said that the Baalbeck Festival committee hopes to successfully hold the festival – which was relocated to La Magnanerie, a 19th century silk factory in Boushrieh-Sadd last year due to security concerns – in Baalbek next summer.
Visions of a public Dalieh
Sidon archaeological site alters global views
Capturing consumption on camera
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE