Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
General Motors Co said it has submitted most of the answers that U.S. safety regulators sought from the automaker about a defective ignition switch linked to at least 13 deaths.The company has provided answers to nearly 65 percent of the 107 questions that the NHTSA asked, he said.In addition to the NHTSA, the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives are investigating why GM took more than a decade to recall 2.6 million cars to replace the faulty switches.Since February, GM has recalled 2.6 million vehicles. And so far this year, GM has recalled a total of nearly 7 million vehicles, or about the same number recalled in the previous four years combined.On Tuesday, Barra said GM had hired attorney Kenneth Feinberg to examine what steps the company might take for families of crash victims. Barra said this week GM would take up to 60 days to evaluate the matter.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE