People visit a Samsung Electronics display booth during an electronics expo in Beijing, Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016. (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Samsung Electronics Co. said Tuesday it has got back around 60 percent of recalled Galaxy Note 7 smartphones sold in South Korea, the United States and Europe, suggesting it is making progress in its attempts to recover from the crisis.Samsung was also forced to push back the start of Note 7 sales in South Korea by three days to Oct. 1 due to relatively slow progress in the recall in its home market.Samsung Europe said the rapid response to the company's exchange offer, which only started early last week in the region, gave the company confidence it can move to restart sales of new models in key European markets by Oct. 28 . As of Monday, 57 percent of Note 7 owners had swapped for new devices, Samsung Europe said.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE