Minister Boutros Harb speaks during an interview with The Daily Star in Beirut, Monday, Nov. 17, 2014. (The Daily Star/Khalil Hassan)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The government will launch a public tender for the management of Lebanon's state-owned mobile networks as previously planned despite objections by some factions in Cabinet, Telecom Minister Boutros Harb told The Daily Star Monday.Less than a month ago, the government launched, through the authority in charge of tenders, an international tender for the management of the two state-owned mobile networks for a three-year term. The statement added that mobile network operators that apply for the tender must have a track record of having provided telecom services for the past five years and on a continuous basis.Harb said that so far two companies have submitted applications to participate in the bid, namely Orange and Zain Group, the current operator of one of Lebanon's state-owned networks.Harb added that the new management of the state-owned networks is part of a comprehensive plan to revamp the telecom sector.
Hajj Hasan says Syria trip aims to boost trade
BLOM boss: Don’t overload Central Bank
Economists urge government to reduce deficit
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE