The Telecommunications ministry building. (The Daily Star/Mahmoud Kheir)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Telecom Ministry Friday launched an international public tender for the management of the existing two mobile networks in Lebanon for a three-year term.It added that interested Mobile Network Operators must prove that they have been providing telecom service for the past five years and on a continuous basis for one or more mobile networks owned or managed by MNO to at least 10 million active subscribers.Telecom Minister Boutros Harb said the new mobile operator tender is part of a plan to revamp the telecom sector.Harb had told The Daily Star a few months earlier that the best solution would consist of completing the next bidding process and having two new mobile operators manage the sector for two years until Law 431 is properly implemented.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE