Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Energy Minister Cesar Abi Khalil lashed out Thursday at a news report announcing that a bid for two Turkish electricity barges had been invalidated.The report, published in local daily Al-Joumhouria, said the Central Inspection Bureau's Tenders Department had rejected the offer made by a Turkish firm to lease electricity barges for Lebanon – a key part of Abi Khalil's plan to fill Lebanon's severe power shortage.Legally, a tender process involving only one bidder – and therefore no competition – is invalid, so there is no justification for a financial disclosure, sources following up on the work of the Tenders Department told Al-Joumhouria.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE