Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A consortium of three international companies made a bid to explore gas in maritime blocks four and nine which could usher in a new era for Lebanon if the offers are approved by Cabinet. The announcement by Energy and Water Minister Cesar Abi Khalil came in a statement to the press Friday, after the minister told The Daily Star Thursday that the Lebanese Petroleum Administration has received two bids to explore for gas in two of the five blocks on offer.Abi Khalil stressed that LPA has sent a preliminary report and it will send a second one, which contains more details about the offers made by the companies.The Energy Ministry said earlier that 51 international companies were prequalified to bid for licenses to explore gas off the Lebanese coast.
Khalil: Lebanon to raise $2B in Eurobonds at below 14 pct
Dollar demand ‘nothing unusual’, Lebanese bankers say
Lebanon to pay top yield on new Eurobonds
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE