Guidanian speaks at the Presidential Palace in Baabda, July 9, 2019. (The Daily Star/Dalati Nohra, HO)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Hotel reservations by Gulf tourists in the Aley area have slowed down following the deadly shootout at the end of last month, industry figures said, but Tourism Minister Avedis Guidanian denied Tuesday that the clashes had led to cancellations so far. The minister's comments came after his meeting with Michel Aoun in which he briefed the president on a sector that according to new figures is growing overall, despite recent security incidents Aley and Tripoli. The current numbers, however, represent a decrease of 37 percent from 2010's figures, Guidanian said.Beiruti confirmed that although there hadn't been any cancellations after the Aley shooting, reservations had slowed down.However, one Aley hotel manager gave a more positive outlook.
$90 million in funding for SMEs
Lebanese banks eye digital future
New vision connects Lebanon to Silk Road
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE