French President Francois Hollande, center, speaks with Saudi Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs, Prince Abdulaziz bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz and IMA President Jack Lang, right, as they inaugurate an exhibition on the Hajj, the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, at the Institut du Monde Arabe (Arab World Institute) in Paris, France, Tuesday, April 22, 2014. (AP Photo/Philippe Wojazer)
DUBAI: Saudi Public Transport Co (Saptco) said on Thursday that its alliance with France's RATP Dev has jointly secured a 7.855 billion Saudi riyal ($2.09 billion) contract to operate and maintain buses in the kingdom's capital Riyadh.
The 10-year deal will be linked to the city's railway project - known as the King Abdulaziz Project for Public Transport - and will handle the procurement, operation and maintenance of the buses, Saptco said in a statement.
Saptco had previously said that it has teamed up with France's Regie Autonome des Transports Parisiens (RATP) to bid for public transport projects in Saudi.
The Saudi government had awarded $22.5 billion in contracts to three foreign-led consortia in July last year for the design and construction of the first metro rail system in Riyadh.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Saudi Public Transport Co (Saptco) said on Thursday that its alliance with France's RATP Dev has jointly secured a...
Interior Minister Nouhad Machnouk has said Lebanon will take “the necessary measures” against two Hezbollah officials...
U.S. top diplomat John Kerry and his Iranian counterpart will Saturday launch a new high-stakes diplomatic drive to...
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE