Baker says the airline will post a loss this year. (AP Photo/Kamran Jebreili)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Qatar Airways' chief executive said Tuesday the carrier will post a loss this year because four other Arab countries have severed land, air and sea links with Qatar.Speaking in the Australian capital Canberra where Qatar Airways has become the first international airline to offer daily flights, Baker said his state-owned airline might know by April the size of the loss.The air forces of Qatar's boycotting neighbors have never intercepted a Qatar Airways airliner, he said.Baker denied his airline was subsidized and said he had no interest in using "fifth freedom" rights to stop in other countries en route to the United States.Baker told reporters at a Kuwait air show last month that a U.S. startup airline had offered Qatar Airways a 25 percent stake.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE