The building housing Libya's oil ministry and state energy firm, the National Oil Corporation (NOC), is seen in Tripoli June 12, 2013. REUTERS/Ismail Zitouny
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Libya's National Oil Corp (NOC) said Wednesday there had been a "minor distribution delay" from Raguba field but production was unaffected despite threats from protesters, who also targeted a second field.The distribution problem between the 5,000-barrels-per-day (bpd) Raguba field and the port of Brega happened Tuesday, but production continued into on-site storage, the NOC said in a statement to Reuters. Earlier, a spokesman for NOC subsidiary Sirte Oil Co had said production from Raguba had been blocked by protesters who had threatened to shut oilfields and pipelines passing through their home region of Marada unless authorities improved state services.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE