In Europe, there were no immediate cancellations of Domingo’s performances and even some words of support for the star.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
While two U.S. opera houses immediately canceled performances by famed tenor Placido Domingo following sexual harassment allegations, European opera houses took stances Wednesday ranging from supportive to wait-and-see. The Philadelphia Orchestra and San Francisco Opera announced they would cancel upcoming performances featuring the star and the Los Angeles Opera opened an investigation following an Associated Press story in which numerous women accused the opera legend of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior spanning decades.The San Francisco Opera said it would scrub a sold-out Oct. 6 concert featuring Domingo that had been to mark his 50th anniversary with the company.Domingo served as artistic director for the Washington Opera from 1996 to 2003 and as the company's general director from 2003 to 2011, during which time its name was changed to Washington National Opera.Retired mezzo-soprano Patricia Wulf, the sole accuser to allow her name to be used, told the AP that Domingo behaved inappropriately with her when she worked at the Washington Opera.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE