SEOUL: South Korea says North Korea has agreed to restore a cross-border military hotline it cut during tensions earlier this year. The move is another sign of easing animosities between the rivals in recent weeks.
The Unification Ministry said the two Koreas decided Thursday to reopen the telephone and fax lines used to coordinate cross-border travel to a joint industrial park in Kaesong that is currently closed.
The two Koreas agreed last month to work toward a restart of the complex.
North Korea cut the hotline in March during a period of high tensions in which it issued a series of threats including vows to launch nuclear strikes on Seoul and Washington. It later dialed down its rhetoric.
The two Koreas restored another communications channel at a border village in June.