The Army Careers office in Canterbury, south England, Thursday Feb. 13, 2014, one of the armed forces recruitment offices where suspected explosive devices have been found. (AP Photo / Gareth Fuller, PA)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A group using the name of the IRA has claimed responsibility for a series of potentially viable explosive devices sent to British military recruitment centres, police said Monday.Police said on Monday that a claim had been made on behalf of the Irish Republican Army (IRA) paramilitary group.The IRA formally ended its armed campaign in 2005, pledging it would use purely peaceful and democratic means towards achieving its goal of a united Ireland.These splinter groups include the Continuity IRA and the New IRA, which incorporates the better-known Real IRA.The New IRA was blamed for letter bombs sent in October to Britain's Northern Ireland minister and the province's police chief.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE