BEIRUT: Saudi King Abdullah and Crown Prince Salman bin Abdul-Aziz condemned Monday the twin explosions in the northern city of Tripoli in separate cables sent to President Michel Sleiman, the Saudi Press Agency said.
“I express to your Excellency my strong condemnations to such criminal and terrorist acts and offer my condolences to you and the families of the victims and I ask God ... to distance sisterly Lebanon from any harm,” the Saudi king said in his cable.
Twin car bombs rocked Tripoli last week targeting two mosques and killing at least 47 people and wounding over 500.
The deadly attack came days after a car bomb exploded in the Ruwaiss neighborhood of Beirut’s southern suburbs and killed 30 people.
"I have received with great pain the bombings that took place in the city of Tripoli and what they left behind of victims and wounded,” the crown prince said, according to SPA.