File photo of Lebanese soldiers patrolling the northern city of Tripoli.(The Daily Star/Antoine Amrieh)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Military Prosecutor Saqr Saqr Friday charged eight Lebanese men, six of them at large, with attempting to carry out terrorist attacks and opening fire on Lebanese soldiers.Judicial sources told The Daily Star the two men were part of an eight-member armed ring that opened fire on Lebanese troops during this week's crackdown to restore stability in the embattled northern city of Tripoli.They said the other six men managed to flee after exchanging fire with soldiers during a military raid in Tripoli earlier this week.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE