Nurses attend to a patient at the Rasoul al-Aazam Hospital during a ceremony held in the occasion of expanding the emergency department, Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2014. (The Daily Star/Hasan Shaaban)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A major Hezbollah-linked hospital announced the expansion of its intensive care and emergency ward Tuesday despite a cash crunch caused by threats of U.S. sanctions.The hospital has also treated many wounded fighters from Hezbollah, including those returning from Syria, and was key to handling many of the wounded in the bombings that targeted the southern suburbs over the last year.The hospital's expansion has been planned for years, Bashir said, and was unrelated to pressures caused by recent attacks. After borrowing from local Lebanese banks to finance various operations, the hospital found its accounts suddenly closed down.
U.S. threat spurred Syria bid to control Lebanon, STL told
ICRC ready to help with Lebanese hostage negotiations
Jabal Mohsen bids farewell to fallen sons
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE