Security forces search the Justice Palace in Beirut in the wake of a bomb threat, Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014. (The Daily Star/Mohammad Azakir)
BEIRUT: A bomb alert at the Justice Palace in Beirut Thursday was declared a hoax.
An anonymous caller phoned the Justice Palace around 11:30 a.m. to say a bomb would “go off soon,” a judicial source told The Daily Star.
The danger was downgraded about an hour later after police conducted a search of the building and evacuated employees were told it was safe to return to work.
The Justice Palace has received bomb threats in the past, but they have all turned out to be hoaxes.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
A new center for forensic science and rehabilitation will open at the Justice Palace in Tripoli within two months to...
The families of Lebanese servicemen taken hostage by Islamist militants in August last year blocked Thursday the...
The Lebanese Army killed three Syria-based militants trying to set up a multiple rocket launcher near the northeastern...
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE