BEIRUT

Lebanon News

Lebanese businessman kidnapped in Jan. released

  • This undated picture shows Julien George Antoun. (The Daily Star/NNA, HO)

BEIRUT: Julien George Antoun, a businessman kidnapped from the district of Kesrouan last month, reunited with his family over the weekend after 22 days in captivity.

“He is doing well. He got the chance to diet a bit while he was away,” Antoun’s father, overjoyed at the new of his son's return, told a local media outlet.

“I want to thank the Army and commander Gen Jean Kahwagi,” the father said.

The Lebanese Army said in a statement Saturday Army Intelligence secured Antoun’s release after a series of raids as part of the investigation into his kidnapping.

The Army conducted a series of raids in the Bekaa Valley in search of the 27-year-old.

On Jan. 22, Antoun left his home in Tabarja on his way to the mountains. His car was found the next day outside the Val de Neige Ski Resort in Oyoun al-Siman.

The kidnappers demanded a $3 million ransom from the family of the young contractor, a security source told The Daily Star.

The Army said in its statement it would continue searching for those involved in Antoun’s abduction.

 
Advertisement

Comments

Your feedback is important to us!

We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.

Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.

comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement

FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE

Interested in knowing more about this story?

Click here