File - A view of a sign on the exterior of the Special Tribunal for Lebanon in The Hague, The Netherlands, January 16, 2014. (REUTERS/Toussaint Kluiters/United Photos)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The joint trial of five members of Hezbollah accused of taking part in the Hariri assassination will be postponed until at least the middle of May, the court announced Wednesday.The court indicted Merhi in July last year, the fifth member of Hezbollah to be accused in connection with the 2005 Valentine's Day bombing that killed former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri and 21 others and plunged the country into political turmoil.The prosecution then tried to question Merhi as a suspect in the case.Both the evidence that will be presented in court and the witnesses are "virtually identical".The trial chamber says that Merhi's lawyers will not need as much time to prepare their case as the other defense counsel.Merhi's lawyers suggested that they might need as long as 10 months to prepare the case for trial.
U.S. threat spurred Syria bid to control Lebanon, STL told
ICRC ready to help with Lebanese hostage negotiations
Jabal Mohsen bids farewell to fallen sons
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE