BEIRUT

Lebanon News

Kidnapped Palestinian released for $100 thousand

File - A Lebanese army checkpoint is seen in Ras Baalbek, Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012. (The Daily Star/Mahmoud Kheir)

BEIRUT: A Palestinian national kidnapped in Lebanon last week was released Wednesday, after a ransom of 100 thousand dollars was paid to the kidnappers, the National News Agency reported.

The identity of the captors is still not known.

Palestinian Mohammad Jaber was kidnapped in the Baalbek village of Khraybeh Tuesday, its mayor told police.

Jaber was allegedly looking at property he had recently purchased in the outskirts of the village when three masked men stepped out of a vehicle and snatched him at gun point.

A security source said Jaber was a Beirut resident and had traveled to Khraybeh to inspect the land in Wadi al-Wardeh.

 

Recommended

Advertisement

Comments

Your feedback is important to us!

We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.

Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.

Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)

comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement

FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE

Interested in knowing more about this story?

Click here