Hezbollah's deputy leader Sheikh Naim Qassem attends a ceremony in Beirut's southern suburbs, Thursday, Sept. 18, 2014. (The Daily Star/Hasan Shaaban)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The explosion claimed by Hezbollah which wounded two Israeli soldiers in south Lebanon Tuesday was meant to demonstrate the resistance's ability to respond to Israeli violations, such as the killing of the party's explosives expert Ali Hasan Haidar last month, Hezbollah's deputy leader said in a televised interview.Earlier Tuesday, the brigade of the martyred Ali Hasan Haidar of the Islamic Resistance set off an explosive device under an Israeli patrol in the Shebaa heights, which led to several casualties among the ranks of the occupying soldiers, read a Hezbollah statement published after the incident.When asked why Hezbollah swiftly claimed responsibility for the operation, Qassem said that the move was meant to express Hezbollah's readiness to counter any breach carried out by the Israeli army.In an implicit warning to the Israeli forces, the Hezbollah official said that the resistance was capable of planting explosives in areas monitored by Israeli forces.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE