Machnouk said Doha had dispatched an envoy to mediate the release of the soldiers and policemen, but that the mediator was not a Qatari national. (The Daily Star/Mahmoud Kheir)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Lebanese government is in touch with Hezbollah to ease tensions after the beheading of a second Lebanese soldier at the hands of ISIS, the interior minister said.Dozens took to the streets in outrage after ISIS announced Saturday evening that it had executed a second Lebanese soldier, Abbas Medlej, a Shiite from the eastern city of Baalbek.Jihadists from ISIS and the Nusra Front engaged in deadly gunbattles with the Lebanese Army during a five-day incursion into the Bekaa Valley border town of Arsal last month.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE