Rahil's relatives stand by the inflatable pool in Burj al-Shemali, Thursday, Aug. 20, 2015. (The Daily Star/Mohammed Zaatari)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
When Rahil went up to the pool and set about cleaning it, Arwa followed her father to help.Water had seeped from the pool to the dozens of electrical wires surrounding it.The high-voltage current had passed through the water, electrocuting Rahil and his daughter. Raya Mounif, Awra's aunt, said the family still did not know which wire had caused the deaths.Red Crescent member Ali Ahmad said this as not the first tragedy resulting from faulty wiring. Camp resident Ahmad Anwar pointed out that high voltage power lines dangle in front of bedroom windows and residential balconies throughout the camp.
Protesters take on EDL on 26th day of uprising
Sidon's students take classes to public spaces
Thousands of Sidon students protest on 21st day of uprising
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE