Minister Samir Moqbel arrives at the Parliament in Beirut, Thursday, April 3, 2014. (The Daily Star/Mahmoud Kheir)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The $3 billion Saudi grant to the Lebanese Army is on the right track, Defense Minister Samir Moqbel said Monday, dismissing media reports that the deal had been stalled.Last month, the Lebanese Army Command denied that the Saudi arms deal was stalled.It added that France, under the tripartite agreement signed by the two countries and Lebanon, is responsible for supplying the Lebanese Army with weapons and ammunition demanded by its command.The French weapons will be fully delivered to Lebanon within six years after the delivery period was extended as a result of amendments introduced to the arms list demanded by the Lebanese Army, the agency said, quoting unnamed sources.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE