This YouTube grab taken from a video released by Al-Manar Channel, shows Hezbollah fighters firing during the battle in Qalamoun, Tuesday, June 9, 2015.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Hezbollah repelled an ISIS attack in northeast Lebanon Tuesday, losing eight fighters and killing at least 14 jihadis, in the largest confrontation between the two groups since the Lebanese party joined the Syrian war three years ago.Speaking to The Daily Star, a March 8 source said ISIS launched a pre-emptive assault on Hezbollah posts in the outskirts of the village of Ras Baalbek, in an attempt to thwart a planned offensive against the Islamist militants holed up in the rugged mountains around the northeastern town of Arsal. The source described the ISIS attack as a "big failure," noting that it represented the first "comprehensive confrontation" between ISIS and Hezbollah since the party joined the Syrian war.At least 31 Hezbollah fighters and 196 Nusra Front militants have been killed in the battles, a security source told The Daily Star Tuesday.ISIS has controlled Arsal's northern outskirts since last year, while the Nusra Front has deployed in its eastern and southern outskirts.ISIS holds another nine servicemen captive outside Arsal.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE