Army Commander Gen. Jean Kahwagi.(The Daily Star/Mohammad Azakir)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Army and security agencies Friday mounted a series of raids in Beirut and the north, arresting more terror suspects, including a would-be suicide bomber, linked to last week's deadly twin blasts, south of Beirut, security sources said, as Lebanon forges ahead with its crackdown on terrorism. Meanwhile, Army commander Gen. Jean Kahwagi vowed Friday to continue the military's "relentless battle" against terrorism and to strike its cells with an "iron fist" following the double suicide explosions that rocked the southern Beirut suburb of Burj al-Barajneh on Nov. 12, killing 46 people and wounding more than 200 others in the deadliest attack in Lebanon claimed by ISIS. The latest arrests bring to 24 the total number of terror suspects linked to the Burj al-Barajneh attack, a security source told The Daily Star. He added that the terror suspects arrested by the Army and General Security have been handed over to the Internal Security Forces' Information Branch. Referring to the Burj al-Barajneh attack, Kahwagi vowed to crush terror cells.
Berri, Hariri seek to iron out budget snags
to visit Syria deepens
Deal averts fuel crisis as govt seeks to finalize budget
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE