Trash is piled up at a temporary garbage dump on a beach in Zalka north of Beirut.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Sierra Leone denied Sunday that it has agreed to accept Lebanon's waste as part of a controversial waste plan approved by the Cabinet last month, the West African nation's consulate said. In a letter received by The Daily Star, Sierra Leonean General Honorary Consul in Lebanon Donald Roy Joseph Abed said that based on information he got during a phone call with the African nation's President Ernest Bai Koroma, a report published by As-Safir's newspaper stating that Sierra Leone accepted in principle to receive Lebanon's trash was false. As-Safir daily reported Saturday that Sierra Leone reportedly agreed to accept the trash as part of Cabinet-approved export scheme to stem the nearly six-month-long waste crisis.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE