Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Garbage will start to be dumped in the landfills of Burj Hammoud and Costa Brava Tuesday, said Agriculture Minister Akram Chehayeb, as activists and Sukleen workers clashed near the firm's headquarters in Beirut."Work will be finalized today in the Burj Hammoud and Costa Brava landfills and they will start receiving garbage as of tomorrow morning," Chehayeb told a local television station Monday. He added that more than 1,000 Sukleen and Sukomi trucks were lifting garbage on a daily basis as part of the trash plan approved by the Cabinet earlier this month. Meanwhile, Sukleen workers and members of the We Want Accountability group scuffled at the firm's headquarters in Karantina after the activists attempted to protest the waste company's role in the plan.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE