A Hezbollah fighter walks holding his weapon at Juroud Arsal, Syria-Lebanon border, July 25, 2017. Picture taken July 25, 2017. REUTERS/Mohamed Azakir
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The deal, which ended a seven-day confrontation on Lebanon's northeastern border, will include the return of eight Hezbollah fighters captured by militants, the source said.Jabhat Fatah al-Sham had previously taken five Hezbollah fighters captive in Syria's Aleppo. Three other fighters were held on the outskirts of Lebanon's northeastern border town of Arsal after losing their way and ending up in an area controlled by Jabhat Fatah al-Sham. The source said that the battles had left 27 Hezbollah fighters and approximately 150 Jabhat Fatah al-Sham militants dead, according to the most recent tally of casualties.
NGO offers Lebanon its first national suicide help line
Beirut Municipality working to clear street obstacles
Lebanon declares Friday day of mourning for fallen heroes
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE