Gunmen run during clashes in Ain al-Hilweh, Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017. (The Daily Star/Mohammed Zaatari)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Around 60 percent of the force will include the factions of the Palestine Liberation Organization and the other 40 percent will be members representing the Islamist groups.The two-hour meeting at the embassy also decided that the force's authority will be confined to the secretaries of PLO and Islamist factions, which grants it a complete authority to control the situation at the camp, arrest any violator and directly deal with any rising incident.The force will deploy in two main fronts in an area north the camp and another in its south, in an attempt to create a security balance and to swiftly respond to any security incident. The camp, which is the biggest in Lebanon, is rocked by recurring security incidents.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE