A man feeds his chickens in Ain al-Hilweh, Sunday, March 5, 2017. (The Daily Star/Mohammed Zaatari)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Palestinian factions agreed over the weekend on the formation and mission of a new joint security force that will be deployed at Ain al-Hilweh refugee camp once given the green light from the Lebanese Army.The sources added that the agreed framework for the joint security forces will see no more than 100 ground forces, with PLO factions representing 60 percent of the force and the remaining groups to represent the other 40 percent.It has been agreed that the new force in Ain al-Hilweh will be led by Fatah Movement Col. Bassam al-Saad as it is expected that Hamas Movement will name their own deputy for Saad.Although no information has been released regarding where the headquarters of the new force will be, other Palestinian sources revealed that it has been suggested that the force deploy at two main points, in north and south of the camp, in an attempt to create a security balance.
Ship detained in Sidon port cleared to leave
Day 90: Riot police, protesters clash near BDL
Winter Sweater campaign warms needy Sidon students
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE