Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The government of Dubai plans to launch legal action in the U.K. and elsewhere against a group claiming that the alledged daughter of the Emirati ruler had been kidnapped and held to prevent her seeking asylum overseas, a source close to the authorities in the Emirate told The Daily Star.The Associated Press news agency reported Monday that Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed Al Maktoum, the daughter of Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, had been taken off a sailboat in the Arabian Sea in a daring commando raid and then disappeared. The accusations come as the London-based for-hire advocacy group Detained in Dubai has taken up the case.The source did not say if Jaubert would specifically be included in any action to be taken in the courts.The source told The Daily Star that those making the accusations were known to the authorities and were all individuals previously found guilty of various crimes in the United Arab Emirates. Jaubert has recently appeared in a televised interview saying he was paid $300,000 to help whom he alleged was Latifa.The incident on the sailboat is reported to have been conducted by Indian commandos on March 4 in the Arabian Sea some 380 kilometers southwest of Mumbai, according to Jaubert and Detained in Dubai.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE