Hezbollah supporters listen to the speech of Hezbollah leader Hasan Nasrallah during a ceremony in Aita Shaab, Friday, Aug. 16, 2013. (The Daily Star/Mohammed Zaatari)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The Israeli army Wednesday evening said they had detonated an "attack tunnel" allegedly dug by Hezbollah into Israel from the southern border-town of Aita Shaab.This tunnel would be the fifth that Israel has announced it has discovered since launching its Operation Northern Shield earlier this month, which it has said aims to find and destroy the tunnels. UNIFIL, the U.N.'s peacekeeping force in southern Lebanon, has confirmed the tunnels' existence but has not commented on who built them.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE