Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
After two days of unsatisfactory oral submissions on the possible acquittal of Hassan Oneissi at the Special Tribunal for Lebanon, Trial Chamber President Judge David Re requested Thursday that both defense and prosecution teams provide written submissions.Re said Courcelle-Labrousse had previously indicated that he would be available for hearings later this week to resolve the question of Oneissi's application for acquittal.Only Oneissi's team has so far made a formal application for acquittal, although at the close of the prosecution's case, co-counsel for defendantSalim Ayyash said the prosecution had failed to provide sufficient evidence to convict him.The Trial Chamber had also requested the prosecution respond to the Ayyash team's claim that insufficient evidence had been provided by the prosecution.
Cleanups, revived buildings: Protests spur Beirut shift
Anti-Syrian rhetoric not just Lebanese phenomenon
HRW warns Burj Hammoud landfill near capacity, advocates sorting at source
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE