A man looks at a makeshift memorial in front of the Reina nightclub in Istanbul on January 17, 2017, a day after Turkish police arrested the suspected attacker. AFP / OZAN KOSE
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Justice Minister Salim Jreissati said Friday that there had been no delay in the government's follow-up of a deadly New Year's Eve shooting attack at Istanbul's Reina nightclub last year that killed three Lebanese.Last month, families of the attack's Lebanese victims slammed the state for its failure to follow through on a promise to push for compensation from the Turkish government.Jreissati also said that during a meeting Friday, Turkish Ambassador to Lebanon Cagatay Erciyes informed him of the work of the Turkish authorities to push the case along, as well as to facilitate aid to compensate the families.Last June, Jreissati promised Turkey would compensate the Lebanese victims of the attack, announcing a series of steps the state would advise the victims' families to follow when filing for compensation.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE