Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Financial Prosecutor Judge Ali Ibrahim heard his first witness Thursday in a case alleging irregularities in the tendering process for an Energy Ministry plan to temporarily bolster Lebanon's electricity availability.Warde told The Daily Star Wednesday that he had represented U.S. energy firm APR Energy in the tendering process last year, which sought to fill Lebanon's roughly 900-megawatt electricity gap.A security source told The Daily Star that five witnesses had been identified by Judge Ibrahim, including Karim Khayat, who heads Middle East Energy. It was blocked by the Tenders Department in July, and again in November, when the department flagged an illegality in the process – the presence of just one bidder.The winning bid plans to establish two additional power barges to reportedly generate up to 890 MW at a cost of $340 million a year.
Graft probe finds 37,000 illegal state hires
‘Calm and love’ but still no budget after 18 sessions
One year on, Parliament has much left to do
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE