“I have not launched the second round [of oil and gas bidding]” Abi Khalil clarified.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Work to solve Lebanon's yearslong electricity crisis will continue despite Cabinet moving into caretaker status soon after elections, Energy Minister Cesar Abi Khalil said Monday in a wide-ranging interview with The Daily Star.However, before these projects get off the ground, Abi Khalil said his main focus was finalizing a 13-point electricity plan endorsed by Cabinet last week in a bid to have it completed before the body assumes caretaker status on May 21 after the election Sunday.Lebanon has not enjoyed 24/7 electricity since the country's 1975-90 Civil War.Abi Khalil referred to the document as "our electricity bible".THE EMERGENCY PLANIn the meantime, Cabinet agreed on an emergency power plan last year, and Abi Khalil was tasked with securing emergency power before the summer season 2017 .The company already operates two such barges in Lebanon based on producing 340 MW for $370 million a year.Abi Khalil said Monday that Cabinet had mandated him and Khalil together to negotiate with the company to withdraw its arbitration suit in favor of an altered contract.
Cabinet eyes 2020 budget study
Tender documents for power plants this month: Boustani
AUB, An-Nahar launch online waste management app
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE