Karadeniz Powership Fatmagul Sultan docks at the newly set wave breaker in front of Lebanon's main electricity plant of Zouk on February 26, 2013. AFP PHOTO/JOSEPH EID
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Last month, ministers endorsed a plan to secure temporary electricity for Lebanon while power plants are built – in the apparent fourth revival of a thrice-failed plan. The endorsement, part of a 13-point plan agreed by ministers, is not different to any plan put forward, Energy Minister Cesar Abi Khalil – the man who drafted the plans – recently told The Daily Star. "When you go to the wrong address it is just that you're making a media fuss about it, you're not following a legal path, because you know very well you cannot meet the conditions," Abi Khalil said.This, however, is precisely what companies complained about – that the tender book was so tight, they were unable to meet the requirements.
Hariri, Khalil defend budget on eve of vote
Lawmakers set to ratify 2019 state budget
MPs set to OK controversial provision to fast track budget
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE