Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Two suspects, one of whom was arrested during an explosive 2014 raid on a Beirut hotel, testified Thursday, as judicial proceedings on the terror case neared their end. The defendants, French citizen Fayez Youssef Boucheran and Saudi national Abdel-Rahman al-Shanafi, are part of a group of eight men on trial for allegedly belonging to Daesh (ISIS) and intending to carry out terrorist attacks in Lebanon.Boucheran, who was arrested in an earlier raid, admitted Thursday that the plan had been to carry out two suicide attacks in majority Shiite areas in the country and that he would carry out the first and the two Saudi men the other, a judicial source told The Daily Star.Like many who joined Daesh during the rise of the organization, Boucheran traveled to Syria via Germany and Turkey in a bid to evade French authorities.Boucheran said he was not aware of the details of the plot when he was first booked into a Beirut hotel.Two hours later, General Security raided the Duroy and Thuwaini blew himself up.
Suspects detail 2011 kidnapping of seven Estonian tourists
Suspects detail 2011 Estonian cyclist kidnapping
Two attorneys file lawsuit against Public Prosecutor Ghada Aoun after scuffle
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE