Syrian refugees leave Arsal as they head back to Syria, Thursday, June 28, 2018. (The Daily Star/Mohammad Azakir)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Caretaker Minister of State for Refugee Affairs Mouin Merehbi said Saturday that about 20 Syrian refugees who had returned from Lebanon had since been killed by regime forces, local media reported."The information received ... also shows they were killed by a senior official in the Syrian regime's army," Merehbi said.He added that about 55,000 Syrian refugees had returned so far – a number that contrasts with that announced Friday by General Security, which put the number of returnees at almost 90,000 since July.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE