Fatah fighters remove sand bangs in the Mieh Mieh Palestinian refugee camp on Nov. 7, 2018. (The Daily Star/ Mohammed Zaatari)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The leader of Ansar Allah has left the Mieh Mieh Palestinian refugee camp, as part of a deal with the Fatah Movement after violent clashes between the groups last month, Palestinian security sources told The Daily Star Wednesday morning.The group, which included Suleiman's four wives and six children, is now out of the country, the sources said.The sources said that when Suleiman leaves, Fatah and members of the Palestinian National Security Forces would break the siege on Ansar Allah's security zone, withdraw fighters and allow residents to return to the camp.Just before Suleiman left the camp, around 25 Ansar Allah members took over the security zone along with the group's deputy, Maher Oweid.
Two Cypriot aircraft to help fight Chouf blaze
Four workers injured in gas explosion in Zahrani
Chemical, biological attack drill held in Jezzine town
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE