A file picture showing a Qeshm Fars Air airplane. (Wikipedia/Gsmar)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Lebanon's Directorate-General of Civil Aviation Tuesday said it "completely rejects" a Fox News report claiming Hezbollah and Iran smuggled arms and components for constructing arms into Lebanon on two flights operated by Iran's Qeshm Fars Air earlier this year. The Fox News report alleged that on July 9, a Boeing 747 left Tehran and took an "uncharacteristic flight path," stopping in Damascus before continuing on to Beirut, where it landed "shortly after 4 p.m. local time". The plane that landed in Beirut on July 9, the agency's statement said, was empty, and left for Doha the next day with cargo.Accompanying the Fox News report was a photo of a Boeing 747 that could have been the same model or plane as that allegedly used to smuggle the weapons into Lebanon.
Agreement on border talks ‘incredibly close’
Efforts underway for PSP-Hezbollah meeting
Berri upbeat on border dispute with Israel
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE