Hassan chaired a meeting of the Central Security Council before the news conference. (The Daily Star/Stringer)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Interior Minister Raya El Hassan detailed the events of the terrorist attack in Tripoli earlier this week that resulted in the deaths of four security personnel, following an emergency meeting Friday of the country's top security officials. Speaking at a televised news conference, Hassan said Abdel-Rahman Mabsout left his house on a motorcycle with six grenades and a machine gun before carrying out the attack Monday evening.Hassan said Mabsout attempted to throw a grenade at the security forces, who shot him dead.During the news conference, Hassan also addressed the controversy that arose after it was revealed that Mabsout, who had fought alongside Daesh (ISIS) in Syria, was released from prison in 2017 .
All eyes on Paris meet aimed to tackle Lebanon crisis
FPM-Future rift burst out into open; no govt progress
Politicians warn of risk of strife as tensions rise
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE