The Foreign Ministry building in Beirut, May 29, 2014. (The Daily Star/Mohamad Azakir)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The defense lawyer for a senior Foreign Ministry employee has denied allegations that his client leaked diplomatic cables to a Lebanese newspaper last month, he told reporters outside Beirut's Justice Palace Thursday.The judiciary opened an investigation into the leaks after Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil filed a complaint with Prosecutor Ziad Abu Haidar.While a ministry source initially told The Daily Star that the judiciary was questioning Mawla, Bassil later said he had received information that the leaks had come "from more than one person" and that he had therefore asked for the investigation to be widened.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE