The following road restrictions will be in place during the pope’s visit:
Traffic will be prohibited from Harissa’s main road to Fouad Chehab Stadium in Jounieh from 8 a.m. Friday until Sunday evening.
Roads will also be closed between Harissa and the village of Ghasta.
Traffic will be prohibited on the seaside road between Dbayyeh bridge and Karantina bridge between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The pope will arrive at Rafik Hariri International airport at 1:45 p.m. and travel to the Papal Embassy in Harissa.
Cars will not be able to park on the route the pope take to Harissa between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. These roads are:
- Airport road toward Hafez Assad Avenue, Salim Sleim avenue, Fouad Chehab Avenue, George Haddad Street, Beirut Port’s main entrance, Charles Helou Avenue, Karantina Avenue, Karantina’s seaside road toward Dbayyeh Bridg, Jounieh’s International Highway, Fouad Chehab Stadium, Bkirki, Harissa until the Papal Embassy.
Traffic will be prohibited on the seaside road between Dbayyeh bridge and Karantina bridge between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The pope will visit the Presidential Palace. Cars are prohibited from parking between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the following route between Harissa and the Presidential Palace:
- Harissa, Fouad Chehab Stadium, Jounieh’s International Highway, Dbayyeh Bridge, the seaside road to Karantina Bridge, Emile Lahoud Avenue, Sayyad Roundabout, the Presidential Palace.
The pope will hold a gathering at the patriarchal residence in Bkirki at 3:30 p.m.
Seven parking lots have been allotted to the invitees of the ceremony. They are as follows:
- Rosol School Parking, Serail Parking, Fouad Chehab Stadium parking, Casino Du Lebanon Parking, Holy Spirit University Parking, Central School Parking, Portemilio Parking.
Traffic will be prohibited on the seaside road between Dbayyeh bridge and Karantina bridge between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
A ceremonial mass will be held in Downtown Beirut, west of BIEL.
Cars are prohibited from parking between 4 a.m. and 1 p.m. on the following routes:
- Emile Lahoud Avenue, Sayyad Roundabout until Karantina Bridge, where all traffic will be diverted toward Ashrafieh.
- Pierre Gemayyel Avenue from Dkoulieh intersection to Adlieh tunnel.
- Paris Avenue from the former U.S. Embassy intersection until Hammem Askari intersection.
- Charles Helou Avenue from Forum de Beirut to the Expatriate Statue.
Cars are also prohibited from driving and parking on the following roads:
- Between Karantina Bridge and Forum de Beirut
- On Paris Avenue (the former U.S. Embassy Intersection)
- Between Armenia Street, Gemmayzeh Street, George Haddad Street, Fouad Chehab Avenue
- Between Fakhereddine Street, Omar Daouk Street
The parking lots for buses transporting participants to the Mass are as follows:
- National Museum intersection facing the main General Security building for the invitees.
- Inside the Hippodrome for religious figures.
- Paris Avenue from the intersection of the ex-U.S. Embassy till Hammem Askari intersection for those coming from the Bekaa, the Chouf and the south.
- Pierre Gemayyel Avenue from Dkhoulieh intersection to the entrance of Adlieh tunnel for those traveling from Kesrouan.
- Ashrafieh (inside AUST and Sayyida Street) for those traveling from Metn.
- Dekwaneh Highway from Yerevan Bridge until the intersection of Jdeideh Highway will also be allocated to those coming from Metn.
- Dora Highway from Nahr al-Mot intersection reaching the pedestrian bridge for those coming from the north.
- Emile Lahhoud Highway from Furn al-Shebbak Bridge to Yerevan Bridge intersection for those coming from Jbeil.
There are also a number of buses for the coordinating committee that will be parked in the following places:
- Dkhoulieh intersection, Bourj Hammoud Bridge
- Forum de Beirut
- Ain al-Mreisseh intersection, former U.S. Embassy
- Sassine Square
- National Museum intersection
Later Sunday the pope will head to the airport.
Cars are prohibited from parking between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on the following route:
- Harissa, Fouad Chehab Stadium, Jounieh’s International highway, the seaside road from Dbayyeh bridge until Karantina Bridge, Beirut port, the naval base, Wafiq Sinno Avenue, Phoenicia Tunnel, Salim Sleim Avenue, Camille Shamoun Avenue, Hafez Assad Avenue until the airport.