BEIRUT: The minister of public works has toured a prefabricated housing site being built south of Damascus with the aim of receiving displaced people who return to Syria, state news agency SANA said Monday.
Hussein Arnous visited Horjaleh, roughly 10 kilometers south of the capital, to inspect progress on the site.
Arnous said the first phase of the project, slated to construct 300 housing units, is scheduled to be completed in 45 days. Eighty units have been completed so far.
Each unit is 30 square meters and designed to house five individuals. Arnous said the “largest portion” of the work force for the project was made up of local residents, a sign that it is generating job opportunities.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Syria’s main Kurdish party warned Turkey Wednesday that any military intervention would threaten international peace...
Thirty suspects, including three Americans, have been arrested in east Lebanon after the Lebanese Army thwarted a...
A Syrian rebel group operating around Damascus has executed 18 alleged members of ISIS in a video mimicking the...
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE