Displaced Palestinians pass time at a U.N school where they now live, in Beit Lahiya, northern Gaza Strip, on Thursday, July 31, 2014. (AP/Lefteris Pitarakis)
OCCUPIED JERUSALEM: The Israeli military told Palestinians who had fled fighting in the northern Gaza town of Beit Lahiya they could return Saturday, signaling its offensive in the area was winding down.
"The residents are advised to beware of explosive devices Hamas has spread across the area," the military said in a statement summarizing what it said had been all-clear messages relayed to Beit Lahiya's 70,000 residents.
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
Israeli forces have arrested dozens of Hamas members suspected of planning attacks and trying to build up the...
ISIS insurgents threatened to turn the Gaza Strip into another of their Middle East fiefdoms, accusing Hamas, the...
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE