A building on fire, which witnesses say was hit by a rocket, burns after clashes between rival militias in the Sarraj district in Tripoli August 23, 2014. (REUTERS/Stringer)
Your feedback is important to us!
We invite all our readers to share with us their views and comments about this article.
Disclaimer: Comments submitted by third parties on this site are the sole responsibility of the individual(s) whose content is submitted. The Daily Star accepts no responsibility for the content of comment(s), including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. Please note that your email address will NOT appear on the site.
Alert: If you are facing problems with posting comments, please note that you must verify your email with Disqus prior to posting a comment. follow this link to make sure your account meets the requirements. (http://bit.ly/vDisqus)
The United Arab Emirates had no comment Tuesday after U.S. officials said warplanes from the Gulf state had secretly bombed Islamist militia targets in Libya flying from bases in Egypt.Two American officials said Monday that the UAE had carried out airstrikes against the Libya militias, from Egyptian bases.UAE State Minister for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash had earlier this week criticized accusations of UAE involvement in the bombing raids, first reported by The New York Times and Islamist forces in Libya.The UAE -- which has spent billions on U.S.-manufactured warplanes and other advanced weaponry -- provided the military aircraft, aerial refueling planes and aviation crews to bomb Libya, while Cairo offered access to its air bases, the Times said.
FOLLOW THIS ARTICLE