RIYADH, Saudi Arabia: Saudi officials said Sunday that the death toll from a hotel fire in the western city of Medina has fallen to 13.
The governorate's office had previously announced 15 deaths in Saturday's blaze based on initial hospital reports that were incorrect.
The Egyptian consul general in the western Saudi city of Jiddah said that nine of the 13 killed are Egyptian pilgrims, among them at least two children.
Saudi authorities said in a statement that most of the 130 people injured from suffocation and burns in the blaze have been released from hospitals. Medina's health directorate says three people remain in intensive care.
Medina is a major religious tourist destination for Muslims. The city is the burial site of the Prophet Muhammad and one of Islam's holiest cities after Mecca.